Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Microburst


Last night a storm snuck up on me. The weather folks are classifying it a "microburst", which is is a downdraft that produces straight line winds in a localized area. The localized area was my yard. The closest air field reported 75mph winds. Can you see my truck? Amazingly, the only damage to the vehicles is a dent in the size of the truck, which I think adds character. We are going to have to have a tree guy come out to remove at least one of the trees. Maybe I'll replace it with a red maple. It sure seems like we are losing a lot of trees. We're also losing all of our pine trees to beatles. We spent the evening cutting up and hauling off chucks of tree. Oh... and I got distracted this morning and took some pictures of dewy flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment